Friday, September 21, 2007

Art In Progress








My Advanced Art students are a great group of students. They are the students who have taken every art class possible, some twice and now have entered into Adv Art. Before I came to PHS I believe that this class was considered an open studio class. The students worked when they wanted...visited when they wanted. Last year as I worked with them, I found they had a lot of great ideas and a lot of potential, but had no sense of time well spent or wasted in class. They were not completing an amount of worked suitable for a semester of a year. Now we are in our second year together and things are turning around. They are coping with and have even come to accept due dates for assignments! I have found that they each bring something special to the class and it shows in their work. Above is a small taste of works in progress.

No comments: